Adria Mare Real Estate Services is a licensed Croatian Chamber of Commerce real estate agency. Find your Buyer's Agent Now!
Buyer’s agents are professionals that specialise in searching, evaluating and negotiating the purchase of property on behalf of the buyer. They do not sell real estate. The key difference between a buyers’ agent and a traditional selling agent is who they represent. A buyers’ agent works exclusively for the buyer, whereas the licensed real estate (selling) agent works for the vendor (seller). Under Croatian law a real estate agent can act for (and accept a commission) from both parties in the transaction. Naturally, there lies a problem of conflict of interest.
We, as buyers’ agents, offer at least two levels of service:
- The full search service, whereby we provide you with a buyer's agent that actively searches the market and shortlists properties meeting your specific criteria and then evaluates and negotiates the recommended property.
- The negotiation or auction bidding only service – this is where you find the property and engage one of our buyers agent to evaluate and negotiate a private treaty or bid at auction.
Using a buyers’ agent to purchase real estate is becoming more widespread throughout the world as investors and home buyers understand the benefits they provide. A professional buyers’ agent can provide you with all the knowledge you need to make an informed decision about the value of a property without all of the sales “hype” often generated by real estate sales agents and glossy brochures.
Many think that using the services of a buyers’ agent is too expensive. This is not the case. Working for you we can save you money, time and stress, whatever your budget. In most cases we can save you the fee you will pay us from the total cost of the real estate transaction and provide a whole lot more benefits. In the US, over 50% of the population use a buyers’ agent to assist in the purchasing process.
Buyers agents can give you the upper hand by their understanding of the negotiation process, auction processes, negotiation and bidding tactics and by not being emotionally involved in the negotiation process or auction. For investors, the buyers’ agents fees are tax deductible. Buyer’s agents generally charge an engagement fee before they begin a search for the client, we charge one after the real estate transaction has been negotiated and a pre sales or sales agreement signed. The fees are either a flat fee or a percentage of the property purchase price.
An important question to ask a real estate agent is whether they are truly “exclusive” or “independent”. If they accept sales commission from vendors or developers then they cannot be classified as “independent” as they are acting in the interests of the seller.
Here are 7 key reasons why you should use our buyer's agent, you will:
- Gain access to a wider choice of properties (many not even advertised) via the contacts/ network of the buyers’ agent
- Leverage your time – instead of searching the newspapers and internet every weekend, get someone else to do the hard work short listing suitable properties.
- Use a professional negotiator to obtain the lowest possible price
- Eliminate the stress and frustration of being shown inappropriate and unsuitable properties by selling agents that don't listen to the buyers’ needs.
- Have an independent professional buyers' agent working on your side
- Source the right type of property in locations with good prospects for capital growth
- Help investors build their property portfolio faster by buying in growth areas.
Buyers’ agents will also ensure you don’t pay too much by providing background information about the true value of the property you are seeking to buy, so that you can make an informed choice. If you choose a licensed, professional buyers’ agent, the saving you make on your next property could run into tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, could be less stressful and is likely to take less of your precious time.
A buyers' agent in Croatia also protects the buyer from problems because they ensure that all information is disclosed about a property and that the information is correct and will evident the information provided by the real estate agent and the seller. This process keeps every involved in the transaction honest. There is no likelihood of fraud, including document and identity fraud, illegal activity, non-disclosures of important information pertaining to the property, title, location, building, and use permits.