Home > Zadar Real Estate > Energy Certificate Email AdriaMare Search   HR  EN  DE  IT  FR  HU
Advanced Search | Info | Services & Costs | Croatian property | Buying process | Land and Registry Services | Accommodation | Home Legalization Services | Bank Foreclosures/Repossession | Illegal Agents and Agencies | Energy Certificate | Partners
Zadar Poluotok | Zadar center | Zadar west | Zadar east | Northern coastline | Southern coastline | Zadar islands
Hinterland | Velebit coastline | Lika | Zagreb | Dubrovnik | Central Dalmatia | Istria
Energy Certificate required on renting/selling

By joining the EU, the certificate will have to be obtained for each property that is rented or sold, regardless of when it was built. This goes in the direction of consumer protection. Specifically, the certification will be very similar to those we are used to seeing when you buy more electronic appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, washing machines or dishwashers. The buildings will be divided into eight classes, from the most efficient grade A + to worst G. Under this qualification, each buyer can clearly assess whether it is worth it to live in this house with respect to consumption, because this will be reflected in the height of his utility bills.

What is an Energy Certificate?

The Republic of Croatia is 31.3.2010. passed a law on the obligation of an energy certificate for each building that is to be sold, rented or given to leasing. So, as of 31 March the building - whether it's on existing residential, commercial, mixed, public or non-residential buildings or other building, including  the buildings under construction, any objects that one wants to sell, rent or lease in - must have an energy certificate and that clearly shows how much energy is spent for heating, cooling and ventilation.

The energy certificate is a kind of identity card of the building (which will be valid for 10 years), which details exactly how much energy, how much and what energy class it belongs, will become part of any sales agreement and but will not be required for an apartment, flat, house or other property that is sold to a spouse or family member.

Appliances such as refrigerators and other appliances, according to the level of energy consumption in apartments, houses, and buildings will be shared as cost-effective facilities grade A +, the less efficient class A, lower B, C, D, E, F, and those that are less energy efficient and totally uneconomical will have a level of energy consumption G.

The principle of operation is actually very similar to the purchase of appliances. As the manufacturers of electronic devices are required to provide a complete specification of the energy consumption of individual household devices, so shall owners of houses, apartments, buildings and must be made ​​available to the buyer as well as the building consumes energy class where it belongs.

New criteria before purchasing

Energy consumption will surely become one of the important criteria when buying or renting an apartment, especially office space, because so far people often before a sale or signing a lease agreement sought to inspect utilities for heating, and due to the due to the high bills did not complete the transaction.

And when buying new construction investors will be required to show customers the energy certificate, and perhaps it is this fact that will be crucial in selecting a particular apartment in case you can not decide between several buildings in the same neighborhood that are selling for the same price per square meter.

Energy Certificates will be needed for non-residential buildings such as hotels, restaurants, sports facilities and public buildings, such as schools, kindergartens, museums, public city and state institutions, and their responsibility is that within three years they must publicly exposed their energy certificate.

Exceptions are only building area less than 50 square meters, one of that is in foreclosure, churches, monuments, simple buildings, halls and industrial buildings, and in accordance with their use are kept open for more than half-time.

For existing buildings

As for existing buildings that are for sale, rent or lease, they must have an energy certificate available for the buyer or tenant as of the date for Croatian accession to the EU.

For new buildings

All  buildings  after 31 March 2010 must request for the issuance of a building permit build must have an energy certificate issued under the provisions of the Ordinance relating to the energy certification of new buildings.

Investor new buildings shall provide an energy certificate before its use or commissioning.

For buildings with (gross) area not exceeding 400 square meters and buildings intended exclusively for agricultural activities with the (gross) area not exceeding 600 m2, the investor is required to submit an energy certificate to the authority that issued the building permit along with the final report from the supervisor. For tother buildings energy certificate must accompany the application for the issuance of a use permit.

For public buildings

Any public building that is subject to displaying its energy certificate must make it ​​public and the subject of the energy certification within a period of 36 months from the publication of the decision by the ministry.

Value of real estate: energy certificate

Regulation of the energy certification of buildings and issuing energy certificates and harmonization of other laws with EU legislation are good mechanisms for bringing order to the real estate market.  Many expect the Croatian accession to the EU will increase prices of all properties.  However, when the market settles and the establishment of permanent criteria, quality properties will be able to keep a good price in relation to the location and microlation where they are located. The location itself will not be the reason for a high price if the property is of poor quality and in terms of energy efficiency and in terms of general quality and quality of materials used.


Realitica.com - oglasi za nekretnine